When my boys were little I used to call them my little chunky monkeys and threaten to eat them right up-who doesn’t love those little baby chubby cheeks and squishy little hands?? Now they are bigger and all that baby fat is gone and the only chunky monkeys I have left are of the dessert variety! I made these slimmed down Chunky Monkey Popsicles recently to help myself and the kiddos beat the heat and they went over great!
To create a calorie friendly popsicle I used PB2 powder instead of peanut butter to compliment the banana and chocolate. I mixed PB2 with 1% milk and added banana slices for the popsicle itself, then we drizzled them with chocolate candy shell and chopped peanuts and walnuts for the topping. They were delicious!
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 sliced banana
- chocolate magic shell
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts and walnuts
- Mix milk and PB2 until smooth.
- Add 3-4 banana slices to each popsicle mold.
- Fill molds with peanut butter milk mixture and freeze for 3 hours or until frozen.
- Drizzle magic shell over popsicles and immediately sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Glitter N Spice
Do you like to make your own popsicles? I love coming up with new combinations! You might also like these: