I’m not sure if it’s a Southern thing or not but I love anything with the word “salad” behind it: egg salad, potato salad, pasta salad-and of course-chicken salad! And like all those other salad recipes I love, chicken salad seems to be such a subjective thing. There are thousands of different chicken salad recipes out there and I particularly like to experiment with new combinations-my current favorite is this grape and pecan chicken salad recipe that has been my go-to weekend lunch lately!
- 2 cups shredded chicken (about two cooked chicken breasts)
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon original Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup quartered black or red grapes
- 1/3 cup pecan chips (in baking aisle)
In a medium bowl combine chicken, mayonnaise, and seasonings. Add grapes and pecans. Chill for at least 1-2 hours before serving for ideal flavor.
I like to serve this with rolls I find in the bakery section of the grocery store but it’s also fantastic on a bed of salad or even on it’s own. I love the added sweetest of the grapes with the crunch of the pecan bits…my mouth is watering just writing about it!
Funny fact: I HATE raw celery, I can’t even smell it without feeling nauseous-I know, I’m weird. It’s the one thing you’ll never ever see in any of my recipes here on the blog, although I know most chicken salad recipes include it.
What’s your favorite variation of chicken salad?
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, mayonnaise, and seasonings.
- Add grapes and pecans.
- Chill for at least 1-2 hours before serving for ideal flavor.