Okay, in my world I’ve transitioned to Fall-we won’t talk about the fact that it’s still in the upper 80s or 90s every day! So apples, pumpkins, mums and gourds are all I can think about!
I whipped up this easy apple cinnamon bread last weekend to prepare for the momentous occasion of college football starting back up and wanted to share it with you today. This bread is ah-mazingly delicious (I know I made that word up but believe me, it warrants it’s own made up superlatives!)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine white sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the apples.
- Pat apples into batter with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
I can’t even describe to you how insanely good baking this bread makes your house smell-and it’s perfection to have a slice when it’s warm out of the oven!
Has your brain started the transition to fall yet or are you holding out a bit longer?
And you can see all of my recipes here!