Add to that my cheapness and lack of desire to blow 300 calories on the glorious creation known as the Pumpkin Spice Latte and I came up with this skinny version you can easily make at home!
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1½ tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup strongly brewed coffee-I used Starbuck Veranda K-cup
- light whipped cream and cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish (if desired)
- Brew coffee
- In a small saucepan combine pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, sugar, and spice and heat over medium heat until steaming-do not boil.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over coffee and top with whipped cream and cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
Am I the only one on the planet intimidated by Starbucks? Are you one of those super savvy Starbucks addicts? Let me know in the comments!