Hi all! It’s Erica from For the Love of Decorating here. I’m back again with this month’s contributor post. Thanks again Melissa for having me
Although my blog is mainly centered around (inexpensive) home decor and DIY projects, I do like to post a recipe here and there.
Do you like peanut butter? I LOVE IT! Especially with chocolate. So when I need a quick and easy frosting with a chocolate cake, this one is my go to.
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe and link to go print it.
Here’s what you will need :
All mixed up :
Frosted and photographed :
This is the easiest, most delicious frosting in the world!
Can you tell I like it???
The recipe below yields enough to frost a 2 layer cake with some extra for eating with a spoon
It can easily be adjusted from its original smooth creamy consistency to a more firm consistency by increasing the amount of peanut butter & sugar, while decreasing the amount of butter. Don’t want it too sweet? Decrease the amount of powdered sugar. It can be tweaked to accommodate any taste and can’t really be messed up!
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Place butter, and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and beat together with a hand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Stir in cream and vanilla and beat until frosting is smooth and creamy!