You know how you have one of those recipes you’ve been making so long you don’t even have to look at the cookbook anymore? This is one of those recipes for me-the perfect weeknight meal it can be cooked in one pan with minimal work. I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks a while back and loved how easy it was and the zing of spiciness but the original recipe was a bit heavy-it involved a lot of cheese topping and frankly, after the holidays I decided I needed to lose a few pounds so I experimented a bit to lighten it up a bit. I hope you love it as much as I do-we never have leftovers on nights I make it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 packages Butterball Recipe Starters Polska Kielbasa Turkey Sausage, sliced in ½" pieces
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel Mild tomatoes and green chiles
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 14.5 oz box farfalle pasta
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook additional 3 minutes, stirring occassionally
- Add chicken broth, farfalle, tomatoes and chiles, and cream. Stir to blend.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
- (Recipe adapted from The Best Simple Recipes)
I also like to make this when we have guests because it’s so easy I don’t have to be stuck cooking all evening (just make sure your guests like spicy foods first!)
What are some of your favorite easy meals? Are you a spicy food fan?
Linking to Linkpartypalooza