As promised yesterday, I have yet another yummy treat recipe I experimented with last weekend while trapped inside due to the weather! The perfect mix of salty and sweet, these peanut butter chocolate pretzel balls are my dream dessert-and I’m willing to bet you’ll love them too!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened to room-temperature
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 6 ounces melted chocolate chips or chocolate bark
- In a bowl mix peanut butter, pretzels, butter, and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Freeze balls 30-60 minutes.
- Melt chocolate/bark, dip balls in chocolate and let harden on rack or baking sheet.
A few tips-I found that using melted chocolate chips caused the candies to melt easily in hands when being eaten (I have three little taste testers that showed me this was a consistent result-very messy!) I’d recommend using candy melts or chocolate bark if this will be an issue for you.
Also, I wanted to share what I feel is the easiest way to dip the balls in the chocolate-I use two forks to toss the candies around in the chocolate to make sure they are fully coated.
I’d love to hear your thoughts if you try these, they are totally addictive to me!! See you back tomorrow with THREE new cookie recipes for my turn on the 1st Annual Cookie Exchange Blog Hop hosted by The Everyday Home!