When I lived down in Charleston, SC I would love walking around the cobblestone streets of the market taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of my favorite city. From the beautiful sweetgrass baskets to the clip clop of horses toting tourists on carriage tours, I can almost take myself back there if I close my eyes! If we were lucky as we walked down Market Street they would have samples of pralines to try outside the candy shops…sweet, melt in your mouth pralines are one of my favorite treats and perfect for holiday gift giving! Today I’m going to share with you the easiest way to make pralines-no candy thermometers here, just perfect pralines in 15 minutes! I hope you love this easy microwave praline recipe!
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup pecan halves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- Mix all ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave 4 minutes, stir.
- Microwave an additional 5 minutes-times are for 1000 watt microwave, watch your praline mixture closely as time may vary
- Let sit in microwave one minute.
- Remove from microwave, mixture will be bubbling.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon onto buttered wax paper and allow to cool.
I mentioned in the recipe but want to reiterate-this is not a recipe to pop in the microwave and walk away from. microwaves seem to vary a lot and you need to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t over heat and burn. But that’s about the most labor intensive part of this recipe!
Do you love pralines? Have you tried this microwave version before?