Whoopie, whoopie, whoopie pies. I’m not sure when these little suckers came on the scene but all of a sudden they were everywhere and I had no idea what they were! Fast forward a few months and I’m ready to jump on the bandwagon with this little candy corn inspired concoction!
- white cake mix
- food coloring
- 3 eggs (per cake mix box)
- vegetable oil (per cake mix box)
- water (per cake mix box)
- Cool Whip frosting
- Preheat oven to 325
- Spray whoopie pie pan with nonstick spray
- Prepare white cake mix according to package instructions
- Separate cake mix into two bowls, add food coloring to one bowl to achieve a vibrant yellow
- Drop cake mix by heaping tablespoons into whoopie pie pan
- Bake 10-12 minutes until done, try not to let cakes brown
- Let sit in pan 3 minutes then trasnfer to cooling rack
- Add concentrated food coloring to frosting and mix well until desired color is acheived
- Once cakes are cool assemble whoopie pies with yellow cake on bottom, orange frosting in the middle, and top with a white cake.
My hubby and the boys gobbled these up so fast…I can definitely say that whoopie pies will be a repeat appearance in the house! Have you already hopped on the whoopie pie bandwagon? Am I the last one to try this baking trend?