Are y’all ready for this? Peanut Butter Cups. Chocolate Fudge. In a cake. An amazing, rich, gooey, lick the plate kind of cake!
Seriously, this cake is SOOOOO good its practically sinful!
I made this for my little guy’s second birthday last weekend and my boys loved it! My husband asked me to remove it from the house after a day because it’s just that irresistible and he kept eating it!
The best part is you don’t have to make it from scratch-ain’t nobody got time for that, right?
I use a box mix with a few special tweaks to make this insanely delectable cake! I made mine with two stacked 8″ round layers so I could get that extra layer of frosting in the middle. (It’s okay if you’re drooling by now!)
Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Water
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ cup Applesauce
- 1 8 oz bag unwrapped Reeces Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Container Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- In an electric mixer beat together cake mix, egg, water, oil, and applesauce on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fold peanut butter cups into batter gently with spatula.
- Bake according to box directions or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Linking to Tasty Tuesdays