Can I tell you something? I was actually a vegetarian for a while growing up…even when I started eating meat again in college I didn’t eat much of it, in fact I didn’t know how to cook meat at all other than hamburger helper!
When I met my husband I quickly realized I was dealing with a quintessential “Meat and Potatoes” kind of guy. I had my mom give me some quick lessons on cooking steaks and some favorite recipes and now ten years later I can hang with the best of them. One of my favorite breakfasts to make for my husband and three boys who are following his eating habits is this Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole. Not only is it easy to prep but it tastes amazing-it’s one of my go-to recipes for holidays like Christmas or Father’s Day!
I hope you enjoy it as much as my brood does-I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- ½ onion, chopped
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Lowry's seasoning salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8" square casserole dish.
- Layer one half each of potatoes, bacon, cheese, and onion in dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine egg, evaporated milk, and seasoning salt in bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture over casserole and cover with foil.
- Bake for one hour, remove foil and bake and additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.