Did you watch the Big Game on Sunday? I did (whether I liked it or not!) and of course had to use the occasion as an excuse to create and extra special dish to fill the bellies of all of our football fanatics. We had planned on having a party but it had to be cancelled at the last minute. That was no reason not to make at least some of the yummy foods I had planned though!
I didn’t want to do my standard pigs in a blanket/chips and dip routine so I came up with Taco filled Taquitos with Sweet and Spicy Enchilada Dipping Sauce. Whatttt????? Believe me-you want to try these, they were gone in a flash!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup Taco Seasoning
- 10 Flour Tortillas
- 8 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 can Black Beans
- 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Ground Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 14 oz Classico Heavy Tomato Puree
- In a small saucepan heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 tbsp flour, stir with a wood spoon until smooth.
- Add ground chili pepper.
- Immediately add chicken broth, cumin, and tomato puree.
- Stir and simmer until uniform consistency.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Brown 1 lb of lean ground beef, drain.
- Add ¼ cup taco seasoning and ⅓ cup water. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Fill each totrtilla with ground beef mixture, black beans and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold sides in and roll, use toothpicks to secure.
- Warm 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Using tongs, add one taquito at a time to hot pan rotating often until browned on all sides.
- Serve with enchildad dipping sauce and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow along with The Happier Homemaker on