These are different than your standard box-mix muffin-the batter is thick and dense and the crumble topping is amazing! Be sure to follow the instructions and cook at a lower temperature for the first 15 minutes to achieve the bakery style top on the muffin!
- 1½ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (can substitute frozen or dried)
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Add to flour mixture and stir well-batter will be very thick! Gently fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl mix ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter.
- Thoroughly spray muffin tin with nonstick spray. Fill six muffin cups to the top with batter. Cover with topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 400 and bake additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow along with The Happier Homemaker on