I’m willing to bet one or two of you out there has resolved to get in better shape or lose weight this New Year. Am I right?
I thought so!
Well, today is your lucky day because I’m going to share with you a sweet, chocolatey treat that WON’T throw you off track! I started making these brownies years ago when trying to lose weight after my second baby and they are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without expanding your waistline!
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coffee (room temp)
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8″ square pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer cream together sugar and butter at medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add egg, egg whites, vanilla, and coffee.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture and yogurt.
- Remove from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle of pan comes out dry.
- Cool on wire rack and cut into 16 squares.
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow along with The Happier Homemaker on