Between the holiday in the middle of the week, a fantabulous long weekend with my hubby, and the oppressive heat I still have about 10 projects unfinished and therfore unable to show you. I do promise that they will be awesome and you’ll get a peek soon! I feel like every time I cross something off my to-do list I add five more things! Here is my upcoming to-do list (feel free to hold me accountable!)
1. Curtains. The house needs curtains! The eat-in kitchen, dining room, and stairwell landing are all getting my favorite budget curtains-Chesapeake in White from Target. They are the same curtains I have in my living room and at $14 a panel you can’t go wrong-the fabric is soft and slightly textured and hangs beautifully. I like the 95″ length which you can’t order online anymore-they look great hanging from ring clips. I snagged the entire stock in my local Target the other day and am on the hunt for more to put in our Master bedroom as well!
2. Tame the garage chaos. When we moved in we quickly and efficiently got the house in working order but somehow stopped with the garage in “good enough” mode. Unlike a lot of people we actually do use our garage for the vehicles and its a super tight fit with my van and his full size truck! My husband Randy went through a lot of the
junk items out there over the weekend to weed out a lot of things we don’t need but we needed a better system for organization. He even carved me out a little area of the garage all my own so I have special plans for my new work area.
I went to Lowe’s this morning and picked up some things to help make the overall garage space more functional-I’m trying to get as much as I can installed quickly today as a surprise for Randy before he gets home from work so I’ll share pics when its all finished!
3. Nash’s Pirate Desk. With Jack’s new vintage map desk newly arrived in his bedroom I removed his old “desk” (a children’s IKEA table and chair) and am giving it a pretty cool makeover so it will fit in with Nash’s pirate-themed room (see his pirate-mast headboard here). This is one project that is actually almost finished and should be posted in the next day or two. I can’t wait to show you-its going to be pretty neat!
4. Jack’s Pegboard. Jack requested some storage over his new desk and I’m making him a pegboard organization system. He picked out the colors for it all by himself and its going to make his desk area a lot more functional for him which will mean less stuff on the floor and less Mommy nagging from me! Good news for everyone!
5. The stairway landing. As I mentioned before I’m putting curtains up in our stairway landing but I also have a few other ideas for decor in that neglected space. This is a quickie makeover as well and will be posted soon.
6. The Master bedroom. As I mentioned last week, I’m working with Amber of Amber B Interiors for a Master bedroom Makeover. Amber sent me the inspiration board earlier in the week and was so patient tweaking it for us to make sure it was a perfect fit for our space and personalities. She’s hard at work on our final design plan now and I can’t wait to receive it and get to work implementing her amazing ideas! This one will take me a while to post but its going to be worth the wait once you see it!
7. The downstairs powder room. I need to get to work on this-it was supposed to be one of my first projects after we moved in but I’m a little hesitant to get started on it. We chose to have our entire house painted one neutral color but I knew from the start I wanted to paint the half bath downstairs a warm gray color. Do you have any idea how many options for gray/greige paint there are??
I’ve been obsessing over which is the perfect color for a month now and I need to just take the plunge and pick one. I’m giving myself a deadline of the end of the month for this one!
Those are the bigger projects I have planned-I have a few other smaller ones for the boy’s rooms in the works and then some paintings I want to do as well. So bear with me, I have some wonderful things to share up my sleeve! Am I the only one with a DIY to-do list a mile long?